Lagos, a bustling city in Nigeria, is known for its vibrant food scene, and brunch is no exception. Whether you’re a local or a tourist, finding the best breakfast brunch spots in Lagos is a must-do activity. From cozy cafes to luxurious restaurants, Lagos has everything you need to make your brunch experience unforgettable.
Best Brunch Spots in Lagos
If you’re looking for a great brunch spot, Lagos won’t disappoint you. Here are some of the top brunch spots in the city:
1. Cafe Neo
Look no further than Cafe Neo if you’re searching for a cute, pleasant cafe to unwind in the morning. Cafe Neo is the ideal spot to relax and enjoy a cup of coffee because of its peaceful atmosphere and mouthwatering culinary options. The coffee shop is well-known for its distinctive blends, which are created from the best beans available worldwide. Additionally, a selection of freshly created daily pastries, sandwiches, and cakes is available at the cafe.
- Address: Cafe Neo, 57 Marina Rd, Lagos Island 100221, Lagos, Nigeria
- Phone number: +234 905 846 0801
- Cafe Neo Instagram Account
2. Terra Kulture
The outdoor cafe at Terra Kulture is perfect for a leisurely morning. The cultural center also features Nigerian food, literature, music, and art events. Freshly baked pastries, smoothies, coffee, and a range of continental and local breakfast options are all served in the cafe.
- Address: Terra Kulture, Plot 1376 Tiamiyu Savage St, Victoria Island 106104, Lagos, Nigeria
- Terra Kulture Website
- Phone number: +234 810 422 4137
- Terra Kulture Instagram Account
3. Hans and Rene
If you’re feeling a bit fancy, Lagos has plenty of upscale restaurants to choose from. Hans and Rene, located on Victoria Island, serves a wide range of dishes, including crepes, waffles, pancakes, and sandwiches. The restaurant is known for its luxurious ambiance and exceptional service, making it the perfect place for a special occasion or a leisurely brunch with friends.
- Address: Hans & René – Radisson Blu, 1a Ozumba Mbadiwe Ave, Victoria Island 106104, Lagos, Nigeria
- Phone number: +234 701 022 2222
- Hans and Rene Facebook Page
4. Sky Restaurant and Lounge
The rooftop brunch at Sky Restaurant and Lounge features mouthwatering city views along with top-notch food and drinks. Classic breakfast dishes, sandwiches, salads, and beverages are just a few of the brunch options available at the restaurant.
- Address: Sky Lounge, Eko Hotels & Suites, Plot 1415 Adetokunbo Ademola Street, Victoria Island 106104, Lagos, Nigeria
- Phone number: +234 702 841 9207
5. Mama Cass
For a traditional Nigerian breakfast, you can’t go wrong with Mama Cass, which serves sumptuous Nigerian dishes such as yam and egg, beans, rice and stew, plantain and egg, etc. The restaurant is known for its authentic Nigerian cuisine, which is made using fresh, locally sourced ingredients. The restaurant also offers a variety of continental breakfast options, including pancakes, waffles, and omelets.
- Address: Mama Cass Restaurant, Plot 271B Ajose Adeogun St, Eti-Osa 106104, Lagos, Nigeria
- Mama Cass Website
- Phone number: +234 1 877 3120
- Mama Cass Instagram Account
6. Nuli Juice Bar
If you’re health-conscious or prefer a light meal, there are plenty of options for you in Lagos. Nuli Juice Bar serves organic, cold-pressed juices, vegan delights, salads, and smoothie bowls. The bar is known for its fresh, healthy options, which are made using only the finest organic ingredients.
- Address: 8 Rumens Rd, Ikoyi 106104, Lagos, Nigeria
- Nuli Juice Bar Website
- Phone number: +234 909 944 9566
- Nuli Juice Bar Facebook Page
7. Samantha’s Bistro
You should also check out Samantha’s Bistro, which offers wholesome meals made with organically grown fresh ingredients. The eatery provides a selection of nutritious dishes, such as salads, smoothie bowls, and grilled chicken or fish. The restaurant also provides a selection of vegetarian and vegan alternatives, making it the ideal choice for those who are health-conscious.
- Address: Samantha’s Bistro & Grill, 7 Rumens Rd, Ikoyi 106104, Lagos, Nigeria
- Samantha’s Bistro Website
- Phone number: +2348171116842
- Samantha’s Bistro Instagram Account
Cactus started as a straightforward bakery and expanded naturally to become a well-known restaurant in Lagos. Although it still focuses on baked products, it also offers a full, mouthwatering menu for lunches and evenings.
- Address: Cactus Restaurant, 20/24 Ozumba Mbadiwe Ave, Victoria Island 106104, Lagos, Nigeria
- Cactus Website
- Phone Number: +2348027777666
- Cactus Facebook Page
9. Cafeteria Nigeria
For its delicious pancakes, French toast, sandwiches, and bubble tea beverages available all day, the American cafe and restaurant Cafeteria Nigeria is a must-try. To enjoy the rich lifestyle of the city, savor delectable cuisine and the invigorating atmosphere pervading Chi-Town’s environs.
- Address: Cafeteria Nigeria, 16 Akin Adesola St, Victoria Island 106104, Lagos, Nigeria
- Phone number: +234 818 188 8993
- Cafeteria Nigeria Instagram Account
10. Hard Rock Cafe
A multinational brand, Hard Rock Cafe is well-known for its Hollywood decor. Their traditional menu offers well-known American fare such as delectable burgers, specialty sandwiches, and healthy salads. In a chic setting, you may sample their outstanding culinary delights and artisan beverages.
- Address: Hard Rock Cafe, Landmark Village, Water Corporation Road, Oniru, VI, 550104, Lagos, Nigeria
- Hard Rock Cafe Website
- Phone Number: +2349081988888
- Hard Rock Cafe Instagram Account
11. Circa Lagos
Borough Lagos is a stylish boutique hotel in the city, and Circa is a part of it. The cuisine at Cica is fairly varied, offering choices for all palates and being artfully arranged to appeal to both the mouth and the eyes.
- Address: Circa Lagos, 2 Kola Adeyina Close, Off Jerry Iriabe St, Lekki Phase I 106104, Lagos, Nigeria
- Circa Lagos Website
- Phone number: +2348093133330
- Circa Lagos Instagram Account
12. B.L. Restaurant, Bar, and Cafe
Shareable cuisine is the specialty of B.L. Restaurant. Bring your group to enjoy some delicious pizza, salads, spaghetti, appetizers, and a wide variety of other options with your loved ones. There are also alternatives for breakfast and lunch.
- Address: B.L. Restaurant, Bar and Cafe, 147 Younis Bashorun Street, Victoria Island 106104, Lagos, Nigeri
- B.L. Restaurant, Bar, and Cafe Website
- Phone number: +2349080807070
- B.L. Restaurant, Bar, and Cafe Instagram Account
A fast-casual restaurant chain in Nigeria called Toasties is known for its freshly toasted fusion sandwiches. They want to offer distinctive cuisine options to Lagos’ on-the-go clientele. By using high-quality ingredients and quick service, Toasties gives every customer access to variety, creativity, and delicious products. They have a lot of menu items that are based on Korean cuisine.
- Address: Toasties, 113 Awolowo Rd, Ikoyi 106104, Lagos, Nigeria
- Toasties Website
- Phone number: +2349080161647
- Toasties Instagram Account
14. La Chaumiere
A wonderful assortment of French delicacies is available at La Chaumiere, a fantastic breakfast restaurant, coffee shop, pastry, and bakery. There are many options for you to indulge in France’s best cuisine on Victoria Island.
- Address: La Chaumiere, 1384 Tiamiyu Savage St, Victoria Island 106104, Lagos, Nigeria
- Phone Number: +234 916 033 3082
- La Chaumiere Instagram Account
15. Pancake Hub
Fans of the especially fluffy taste of the pancake may find a magnificent spot to savor them in the Pancake Hub. Located in Jibouw, the brunch menu is unique, with many options for you to choose from and visit multiple times so you can try everything they serve.
- Address: Pancake Hub, 17 Jibowu St, Jibowu 101212, Lagos, Nigeria
- Pancake Hub Website
- Phone number: +234 802 259 1961
- Pancake Hub Instagram Account
16. White Tree Bistro Lagos
As soon as you walk inside White Tree Bistro Lagos, you can smell the food and feel the atmosphere. The environment is designed to make you feel at home as you consume your favorite foods. To improve your dining experience, each of their meals—from the appetizers to the entrées, desserts, and sides—is attentively crafted by skilled chefs.
- Address: White Tree Bistro Lagos, 37A Glover Rd, local 101233, Lagos, Nigeria
- White Tree Bistro Lagos Website
- Phone Number: +234 913 934 1885
- White Tree Bistro Lagos Instagram Account
Brazzerie is a buffet-style restaurant with a remarkable brunch menu as well. People come to Brazzerie to enjoy its fine cuisine and abundant servings, stuffing themselves with their delicious dishes.
- Address: Plot 9/10, Block 2, Oniru Chieftaincy Estate, Maroko 100271, Lagos, Nigeria
- Phone number: +234 1 448 9444
18. The Orchid Bistro Express
The Orchid Bistro Express offers light sandwiches & snacks in addition to an all-day breakfast in a welcoming atmosphere with garden patio seating.
- Address: The Orchid Bistro Express, 40B Raymond Njoku St, Ikoyi 106104, Lagos, Nigeria
- Website: N/A
- Phone Number: +234 808 456 8824
- The Orchid Bistro Express Instagram Account
19. Brunchbox Cafe
Brunchbox is a quiet cafe for you to go have a relaxing time while enjoying savory food options. Many people choose to grab their pc and work there or just sip coffee while watching the world go by with a tasty snack from their brunch menu.
- Address: Brunchbox Cafe, 55 Majaro Street Onike, Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria
- Brunchbox Cafe Website
- Phone number: +234 808 599 9646
- Brunchbox Cafe Facebook Page
Closing Thoughts on the Best Brunch Breakfast Spots in Lagos
Brunch in Lagos is a delightful experience that should not be missed. Remember to make reservations and arrive on time, dress appropriately, and don’t forget to indulge your sweet tooth. Bon appétit!
Frequently Asked Questions on the Best Brunch Spots in Lagos
What are the Must-Try Brunch Dishes in Lagos?
Brunch in Lagos is not just about the ambiance and Address; the food is equally important. Here are some must-try brunch dishes in Lagos:
- Jollof rice: One dish you shouldn’t miss. It is served with fried plantain and spicy chicken or beef stew, a popular meal in Nigeria. The flavorful and aromatic Jollof rice is a staple in Nigerian cuisine and is made with rice, tomatoes, onions, and a blend of spices. The fried plantains add a sweet and savory touch to the dish, while the spicy chicken or beef stew adds a bold and delicious flavor.
- Akara: Another traditional Nigerian breakfast dish to try is Akara, which is a savory bean cake paired with bread or pap, an indigenous fermented maize meal. Akara is made by blending black-eyed beans with onions, peppers, and spices and then deep-frying the mixture until it is golden brown. It is a popular street food in Nigeria and is often eaten for breakfast or as a snack.
- Moi Moi: a steamed bean pudding made with black-eyed beans, onions, peppers, and spices, Fried yam and egg, a hearty breakfast dish made with fried yam and scrambled eggs, Yam Porridge, a thick and flavorful porridge made with yam, vegetables, and spices, and Ewa Agoyin, a spicy stew made with beans and served with bread or rice.
What are some international brunches that you can try in Lagos?
If you are in Lagos and love brunch, then don’t miss out on any of the following international dishes:
- Eggs Benedict with smoked fish: If you prefer international dishes, you can still enjoy a Nigerian twist. Try the Eggs Benedict with smoked fish from Hans and Rene, a popular brunch spot in Lagos. The dish features poached eggs served on top of English muffins and smoked fish, topped with hollandaise sauce.
- Waffles and chicken: Another international favorite with a Nigerian twist is waffles and chicken. The crispy chicken is served on top of fluffy waffles and drizzled with maple syrup.
- French toasts with syrup and fruits: If you’re in the mood for something sweet, try the French toasts with syrup and fruits. The thick slices of bread are soaked in a mixture of eggs, milk, and cinnamon and then fried until golden brown. They are served with syrup and fresh fruits, such as strawberries and blueberries.
- Croissants or Pain au chocolat: For your sweet tooth, these flaky and buttery croissants are perfect with a cup of coffee or tea.
- Churros with chocolate: If you’re in the mood for something more indulgent, indulge in the Churros with chocolate dipping. The crispy and sugary churros are served with a rich and creamy chocolate dipping sauce.
No brunch is complete without a great drink to accompany your meal. You can choose from freshly squeezed orange juice, coffee, tea, or a bubbly Mimosa from Hans and Rene. The Mimosa is a classic brunch cocktail made with champagne and orange juice. It is the perfect way to start your day and to toast to a great brunch experience.
What is the sress code for breakfast brunch in Lagos?
As brunch is a social event in Lagos, it’s important to dress appropriately for the occasion. For upscale restaurants, formal attire is the norm, and it’s recommended that you dress up nicely. For cafes and bistros, casual wear is ideal, but it’s still important to look presentable.
When choosing your outfit, consider the weather as well. Lagos can be quite hot and humid, so lightweight and breathable fabrics are a good choice.
Do you need to tip in Lagos?
While tipping is not mandatory in Lagos, it’s always appreciated for good service. If you’re dining at an upscale restaurant, it’s important to check if a service charge has been included in the bill. If it has, tipping is not necessary. If not, a tip of 10-15% of the total bill is customary.
Payment for brunch can be made in cash or by card at the end of the meal. It’s always a good idea to carry some money with you, as some smaller cafes and bistros may not accept cards.
Do you need to make reservations for breakfast brunch in Lagos?
Most upscale restaurants in Lagos require reservations, so it’s best to call ahead and book a table. This will help you avoid the disappointment of losing your reservation or waiting in line for a table. It’s also important to arrive on time for your reservation to ensure that you get the best experience possible.
When making reservations, it’s important to inform the restaurant of the number of people at your party and any special requests you may have. This will help the restaurant prepare for your arrival and ensure that they can accommodate your needs.