As one of Nigeria’s most vibrant and bustling cities, Lagos is a haven of activities that the whole family can enjoy. From outdoor adventures to cultural experiences, amusement parks, and entertainment centers, there is always something fun and exciting to do in Lagos. Read on to discover the best family activities in Lagos.
Best Family Activities in Lagos
Lagos offers a large range of activities for all ages and budgets. No matter what activity you choose, Lagos has plenty of options to keep your family entertained and engaged, from cultural activities to thrilling rides, with plenty of exercises and fresh air included. We have created a list of different kinds of activities for the family to do in Lagos, differentiating them in terms of indoor and outdoor fun. In the list below, you will find details on each activity, the location, and links to learn more.
Best Outdoor Family Activities in Lagos
Looking for some fun outdoor activities to enjoy with your family in Lagos? Look no further than these exciting adventures that are perfect for all ages. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing day at the beach or an exhilarating hike through the wilderness, Lagos has something for everyone.
1. Beach Fun at Tarkwa Bay
Located on an island off the coast of Lagos, Tarkwa Bay offers an ideal destination for beach enthusiasts. This family-friendly beach features crystal-clear waters, soft sand, and a serene environment that is perfect for relaxation. Pack a picnic basket, sunscreen, and plenty of drinks to enjoy a day of sun, sand, and surf. Additionally, Tarkwa Bay is accessible only by boat, providing an exciting adventure for the entire family.
Once you arrive at Tarkwa Bay, you’ll be greeted by a stunning stretch of coastline that is perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and building sandcastles. The beach is also a popular spot for fishing, so bring along your fishing gear if you’re interested in catching some fresh seafood for dinner. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can rent a kayak or paddleboard and explore the surrounding waters.
- Address: Tarkwa Bay Beach, Lagos, Nigeria
2. Exploring Lekki Conservation Centre
For an exhilarating outdoor adventure, Lekki Conservation Centre provides an escape from the hustle and bustle of Lagos City. The reserve area is home to a diverse range of wildlife including monkeys, crocodiles, and over 300 species of birds. In addition to hiking trails and canopy walks, visitors can explore the center’s tree house and freshwater lakes. Make sure to bring along your camera to capture the memorable experience.
As you explore the trails at Lekki Conservation Centre, you’ll feel like you’re in a completely different world. The lush greenery and tranquil atmosphere make it easy to forget that you’re just a short distance from the bustling city. Keep your eyes peeled for wildlife as you hike through the forest, and make sure to take plenty of breaks to soak in the natural beauty of the area.
- Address: Lekki Conservation Centre, Km 19 Lekki – Epe Expy, Lekki Penninsula II 106104, Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
- Lekki Conservation Centre Website
- Phone number: +234 906 546 0479
- Lekki Conservation Centre Instagram Account
3. Family Picnic at Ndubuisi Kanu Park
For a serene family picnic experience, Ndubuisi Kanu Park offers an idyllic setting. Located in the heart of Lagos, the park provides a peaceful atmosphere away from the noisy streets of the city. The park features massive trees that provide ample shade, a pond, and several recreational activities such as swings, slides, and seesaws that your kids will love.
When you arrive at Ndubuisi Kanu Park, you’ll be struck by the beauty of the lush greenery and tranquil surroundings. The park is perfect for a stroll or a family picnic, with plenty of space to spread out and enjoy some quality time together. Take a walk around the pond and see if you can spot any fish or turtles, or let your kids burn off some energy on the playground equipment.
- Address: Ndubuisi Kanu Park, Mobolaji Johnson Ave, Oregun 101233, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
- Phone number: +234 700 527 7275
4. Boating at Lagos Waterways
Boating is one of the most exciting family activities in Lagos. Lagos waterways offer an excellent opportunity for families to explore the city’s expansive coastline and take in stunning views. Numerous boat rental companies offer affordable packages for families to rent boats, yachts, or catamarans that are perfect for a fun-packed day on the water. Make sure to bring along plenty of refreshments and sunscreen, and enjoy the ultimate family adventure on the water.
As you set off on your boating adventure, you’ll be treated to breathtaking views of the Lagos skyline and coastline. The waterways are teeming with marine life, so keep your eyes peeled for dolphins, sea turtles, and other aquatic creatures. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can even try your hand at water skiing or wakeboarding.
- Address: LASWA Yard, Falomo Jetty, Falomo Ikoyi-Obalende, Ikoyi 101233, Lagos, Nigeria
- Website: N/A
- Phone number: +234 809 012 9777
- Lagos Waterways Facebook Page
5. Adventure at Hi-Impact Planet Amusement Park
Lagos couldn’t be complete without its renowned Hi-Impact Planet Amusement Park. This thrill-seekers’ paradise provides an adrenaline-pumping experience for the whole family. The park offers various rides, including roller coasters, bumper cars, and swings, and is also home to a water park and an ice-skating rink. Hi-Impact Planet is the ultimate amusement park destination to visit with your family.
But that’s not all. Hi-Impact Planet also features a 4D cinema, where you can watch movies in a whole new way. The park’s arcade is filled with exciting games that are sure to keep you entertained for hours. And for those who love to dance, the park’s disco ride is a must-try.
- Address: Hi-Impact Planet Amusement Park, km 12 Lagos Ibadan Express Lagos, Lagos – Ibadan Expy, Ibafo, Ogun State, Nigeria
- Hi-Impact Planet Amusement Park Website
- Phone number: +234 814 229 9509
- Hi-Impact Planet Amusement Park Instagram Account
6. Fun Factory for Kids and Adults
Located in the heart of Victoria Island, Fun Factory is an ideal destination for families seeking non-stop fun-packed activities. The amusement park features an array of engaging activities, including go-karts, arcade games, trampolines, and a 3D cinema. It also has designated play areas for toddlers and young children, complete with soft play equipment, ball pits, and slides, to keep the whole family entertained for hours on end.
For those who love adventure, Fun Factory offers an exhilarating rock climbing experience that challenges both beginners and experts. The park also has a laser tag arena, where players can engage in a thrilling battle of wits and strategy. And if you’re feeling competitive, the park’s bowling alley is the perfect place to show off your skills and have fun with family and friends.
- Address: 10 Lai Yusuf Crescent, Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, Nigeria
- Fun Factory Website
- Phone number: +234 809 828 8888
- Fun Factory Instagram Account
7. Find Excitement at Dreamworld Africana
Dreamworld Africana is another fantastic amusement park that offers non-stop excitement for all ages. The park features numerous rides and attractions, including bumper cars, a Ferris wheel, and a haunted house. It also has an extensive array of water rides with exciting twists and turns. The park has shopping outlets, restaurants, and picnic areas, making it the perfect day outing destination for families.
But that’s not all. Dreamworld Africana also has a mini-golf course, where you can practice your putting skills and have fun with family and friends. The park’s go-kart track is perfect for those who love speed and competition. And for those who want to cool off and relax, the park’s lazy river is the perfect place to float and soak up the sun.
- Address: Dream World Africana, First Right Turn After The 2nd Tollgate KM 20 Lekki-Ajah Expressway, Lekki Penninsula II, Lekki, Nigeria
- Website: N/A
- Phone number: N/A
- Dreamworld Africana Instagram Account
8. Enjoy Fun and Exercise at Omu Resort
The setting of OMU RESORT’s universe in a rainforest environment enables visitors to explore and be inspired by nature’s beauties. Located in a quiet neighborhood, it covers around 22 hectares of land and is bordered to the north by the massive, crystal-clear waters of OMU CREEK.
The Omu Resort is distinctive in that it combines an amusement park, a wax museum, a little zoo, and SeaWorld. There are many enjoyable things to do in Omu Resort, including a zoo, a wax museum, rides, a waterpark, paintballing, quad bikes, roller skating, kayaking, and go-karts. Their admission tickets also get them entrance to the games.
- Address: Omu Resort Ibeju Lekki, 1 Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wy, Ibeju 105101, Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
- Omu Resort Website
- Phone number: +234 814 281 2406
- Omu Resort Instagram Account
9. Thrilling Rides at Apapa Amusement Park
Apapa Amusement is home to a variety of rides, including bumper cars, a carousel, an air bicycle, a miniature football field, a miniature Ferris wheel, roller coasters, and indoor arcades. The Fruit Worm and Pirate Ship are my favorites. The kids, especially the younger ones, will have a great time in the indoor games arcade. You pay for each ride, not the entrance price. You can purchase a card, load money onto it for the various rides, then use the card for another ride.
- Address: Apapa Amusement Park, 34 Randle Rd, Apapa Quays 102272, Lagos, Nigeria
- Website: N/A
- Phone number: +234 802 870 2949
- Apapa Amusement Park Facebook Page
10. Enjoy Water Fun at Laquatic Waterpark
The largest inflatable waterpark in Nigeria is called Laquatic Waterpark, and it is located in Landmark Beach, Lagos. Laqautic Waterpark offers inventive ways to interact with water, ensuring the most breathtaking experience.
Laquatic Waterpark is an obstacle course featuring a variety of chores and obstacles that must be completed, making it challenging, entertaining, and healthful all at once. They guarantee that the experience will be one you will never forget.
- Address: Laquatic Waterpark, Landmark Beach Lagos Victoria Island, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
- Laquatic Waterpark Website
- Phone number: +234 702 500 5262
- Laquatic Waterpark Instagram Page
Best Indoor Family Activities in Lagos
Visiting Nigeria is an excellent opportunity to learn about the country’s rich cultural heritage. It’s a great excuse for some indoor thrilling fun or entertainment spots that will surely amuse everyone at your party.
There are many places to visit that showcase Nigeria’s diverse culture, from traditional artifacts to amusement parks. Families seeking immersive cultural experiences in indoor settings can check the list below:
1. Visiting the Nigerian National Museum
The Nigerian National Museum is a must-visit for families seeking to learn about Nigeria’s rich cultural heritage. The museum is located in Lagos and is home to an impressive collection of traditional artifacts and contemporary art pieces that showcase Nigeria’s diverse culture. Visitors can learn about the country’s past and present through various exhibits, including pottery, sculptures, textiles, and photographs. The museum also hosts various events and workshops that cater to children, making it an engaging and enlightening experience for the whole family.
- Address: National Museum Lagos, Onikan Rd, Ikoyi 102273, Lagos, Nigeria
- Website: N/A
- Phone number: +234 1 263 6005
- Nigerian National Museum Facebook Page
2. Learning at the Lagos State Library
The Lagos State Library is a treasure trove of knowledge and information, making it an excellent spot for families to learn and engage in stimulating activities. The library has a vast collection of books, periodicals, and multimedia resources, providing an exceptional learning experience for kids and adults alike. Visitors can access a wide range of resources, including online databases, e-books, and audiobooks. The library also offers numerous events throughout the year, including storytime sessions, creative writing workshops, and educational programs to keep your kids entertained and engaged.
- Address: Lagos State Library, 229 Herbert Macaulay Way, Alagomeji-Yaba 101245, Lagos, Nigeria
- Lagos State Library Website
- Phone number: +234 805 425 5169
- Lagos State Library Instagram Account
3. Discovering Art at the Nike Art Gallery
Nike Art Gallery, located in Lekki, is a vibrant space that showcases Nigerian art and culture. The gallery is home to a diverse range of art pieces like textiles, sculptures, paintings, and jewelry, both traditional and contemporary. Visitors can witness art being created through live paintings and weaving demonstrations. The gallery offers guided tours, workshops, and training programs for kids, making it an ideal destination for families seeking an immersive cultural experience. The gallery also has a restaurant that serves traditional Nigerian cuisine, allowing visitors to experience the country’s culinary culture.
- Address: Nike Art Gallery, 2 Nike Art Gallery Rd, Lekki Phase I 106104, Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
- Nike Art Gallery Website
- Phone number: +234 803 409 6656
- Nike Art Gallery Instagram Account
4. Exploring the Lekki Arts and Crafts Market
The Lekki Arts and Crafts Market is a perfect place for families to get a taste of Lagos’ rich artistic culture. The market offers a wide selection of handcrafted items ranging from clothing and jewelry to home furnishings and artwork. Visitors can observe artists at work and engage with them to learn more about their art forms. The market also hosts various events, including cultural dance performances, musical concerts, and storytelling sessions, making it an exciting and engaging destination for all ages. Visitors can also sample local delicacies like suya, a spicy meat kebab, and puff-puff, a sweet fried dough.
- Address: Oba Elegushi St, Lekki Penninsula II 106104, Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
- Website: N/A
- Phone number: +234 807 273 8668
- Lekki Arts and Crafts Market Instagram Account
5. Indoor Fun at Upbeat Recreation Centre
The Upbeat Recreation Centre has everything you need for an exciting family time indoors. The center features various engaging activities such as arcade games, virtual reality experiences, and trampoline parks. It also has a designated area for young kids, where they can play and enjoy under adult supervision. Additionally, the recreation center has a restaurant that caters to all ages and tastes.
But that’s not all. Upbeat Recreation Centre also has a bowling alley, where you can challenge family and friends to a game or two. The center’s indoor soccer pitch is perfect for those who love to play and compete. And for those who want to relax, the center’s spa and wellness center is the perfect place to unwind and rejuvenate.
- Address: Upbeat Recreation Centre, 11 Admiralty Rd, Lekki Phase 1 105102, Lagos, Nigeria
- Upbeat Recreation Centre Website
- Phone number: +234 818 884 4991
- Upbeat Recreation Centre Instagram Account
6. Enjoying Cinema and Art in Terra Kulture
An organization for education and amusement called Terra Kulture Arts and Studios Limited was founded in 2003 to promote the diversity, richness, and beauty of Nigerian languages, arts, and culture.
The establishment’s founder, Mrs. Bolanle, has planned more than 300 art exhibitions, 140 plays, and more than 70 book readings. Additionally, more than 30,000 people have taken Terra Kulture’s Nigerian language classes or visited the center on field trips or school tours.
- Address: Terra Kulture, Plot 1376 Tiamiyu Savage St, Victoria Island 106104, Lagos, Nigeria
- Terra Kulture Website
- Phone number: +234 810 422 4137
- Terra Kulture Instagram Account
7. Go Bowling in Rufus and Bee
From traditional snooker to the Modern Dance Revolution, there are bowling lanes, a sports bar, and our American Tex-Mex restaurant. Rufus & Bee offers the best gaming experience for kids, adults, families, and business teams with more than 100 thrilling games. This family-friendly attraction is Nigeria’s first cutting-edge gaming arcade.
- Address: Rufus and Bee, Okunde Bluewaters scheme Twinwaters Lagos, off Remi Olowude St, Eti-Osa, Lekki, Nigeria
- Rufus and Bee Website
- Phone number: +234 908 007 7221
- Rufus and Bee Instagram Account
8. Go Shopping and play games at Funderland Mall
DCube Skating Rinks, Trotter, and Pop Water Park are housed inside Funderland Mall. Together, they include indoor skating, a swimming pool, slides, rock climbing, and entertaining games.
- Address: Funderland, FH22+27H, Lekki-Epe Expressway, By Zenith Bank, Lekki Penninsula II 106104, Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
- Website: N/A
- Phone number: N/A
- Funderland Mall Instagram Account
9. Get Creative at the Mindscapes Museum
The Mindscapes Museum offers a secure setting to foster creativity, play, and lifelong learning in a way that is both educational and enjoyable. We also function as a social center that provides a culturally sensitive platform to assist forge connections within the community and to foster an environment that will spark young children’s imaginations during their formative years.
- Address: Mindscapes Children’s Museum, Plot 1, block 3 Michael Olawale-Cole Dr, Lekki Phase 1 106104, Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
- Mindscapes Museum Website
- Phone number: +234 701 926 2293
- Mindscapes Museum Instagram Account
10. Practice Reading at Laterna Ventures
The leading Nigerian company for the importing, distribution, and marketing of books is Laterna Ventures Limited. For young children, Laterna’s selection of children’s books, which includes fiction, non-fiction, and motivational volumes, serve as natural starts, while offering teens special resources. For every parent or guardian looking for modern complementary learning resources for their kids or wards, our store is a one-of-a-kind destination.
Laterna conducts a monthly children’s reading session where kids are taught efficient reading techniques to encourage them to acquire a reading habit from an early age. The reading event is typically an interactive session with kids where they may demonstrate their reading skills in a relaxed setting.
- Address: Laterna Ventures Ltd, Plot 1611 Adeola Hopewell St, Victoria Island 101241, Lagos, Nigeria
- Laterna Ventures Website
- Phone number: +234 803 301 4462
- Laterna Ventures Instagram Account
Closing Thoughts on the Best Family Activities in Lagos
Overall, these experiences offer an excellent opportunity for families to learn about Nigeria’s diverse culture and history. From art and literature to music and food, there is something for everyone to enjoy and appreciate.
As you can see, Lagos has plenty of activities to keep everyone entertained. Whether you are seeking outdoor adventures, cultural experiences, or thrilling amusement parks, Lagos has it all. Plan a family day out or a weekend getaway and explore the exciting destinations that Lagos has to offer.