Choosing a Secondary School can be tricky. There are many things to consider for parents and tutors before enrolling their teens in a school, including the curriculum, the type of school, the religious or laic teaching, the staff’s credentials, etc. In Lagos, there are plenty of schools to choose from, yet not all of them may suit your expectations, and selecting the right one is essential for your children’s future. That’s why we have made this list with only the best secondary schools in Lagos. With this article, you can learn a little bit about different prestigious schools in Lagos, and make an informed decision so you can put your kids’ best interests first.
Best Secondary Schools in Lagos
1. St. Gregory’s College
In the neighborhood of Ikoyi – Obalende, Lagos State, Nigeria, and about 1.0 km from Tafawa Balewa Square, there is a catholic missionary school for boys called St. Gregory’s College, Lagos.
- Location: St. Gregory’s College, 18/19 St Gregory’s College Rd, Ikoyi 106104, Lagos, Nigeria
- St. Gregory’s College Website
- Phone number: +234 815 766 9182
- St. Gregory’s College Facebook Page
2. Dansol High School
Dansol is a growing educational community of students who have chosen to pursue higher education that includes excellent instructors, reasonable tuition, an engaging learning atmosphere, small class sizes, and a strong Christian basis. They work for the kids to understand their uniqueness and the need to commit their life to God, who can help them learn and succeed. The child’s originality and talents are also taken into consideration. The pillars on which the DHS’s success has been based include these and others.
- Location: Dansol High School, 13/15, Acme Crescent, Off Acme Rd, Off Agidingbi Road, Agidingbi, Ikeja, Nigeria
- Dansol High School Website
- Phone number: +234 1 818 1555
- Facebook Page: N/A
3. KING’S COLLEGE LAGOS
An all-boys school called Kings College Lagos was established in September 1909 and is located at 3 Catholic Mission Street on Lagos Island. Every youngster placed in their care is given a top-notch education from qualified teachers. They lay a strong foundation that will support children throughout their academic and professional careers. They are also concerned with their student’s physical, social, and psychological growth, helping them to mature into accountable, impactful citizens. Their facilities are modern and enable them to provide students with a high-quality education.
- Location: KING’S COLLEGE LAGOS, 3 Catholic Mission St, Lagos Island 102273, Lagos, Nigeria
- KING’S COLLEGE LAGOS Website
- Phone number: +234 905 101 8885
- KING’S COLLEGE LAGOS Facebook Page
4. Chrisland High School Ikeja
A dynamic, cutting-edge, and distinctive school, Chrisland High School Ikeja is interested in the variety of students as individuals. They work to educate young pupils so they are prepared to face challenges on a worldwide scale. At Chrisland School, students are expected to recognize and use their knowledge to handle opportunities and difficulties in their personal and academic lives. In all, they cover around 40 municipal areas on the continent. They operate 20 distinct routes and provide very high-standard bus service. Every class is accompanied by the deployment of creative and new teaching techniques by their instructors.
- Location: Chrisland High School Ikeja, 28 Opebi Rd, Opebi 100281, Lagos, Nigeria
- Chrisland High School Ikeja Website
- Phone number: +234 906 313 5544
- Chrisland High School Ikeja Facebook Page
5. Grange School, Lagos
Grange School expects all employees and volunteers to share its commitment to promoting and protecting the welfare of children and teenagers. Based in Ikeja GRA, Lagos, Nigeria, it is a private day and boarding school for boys and girls from Nursery to Year 11. The mission of Grange School, which was founded in 1958 with the slogan “A Culture of Continuous Improvement,” is to nurture, educate, and inspire students to grow into self-assured young people who will relish the challenges of today’s global world. The open and welcoming learning environment at Grange School caters to the needs of children and their families. They expect pupils to grow in their curiosity, creativity, and self-assurance.
- Location: Grange School, Lagos, Harold Sodipo Cres, Ikeja GRA 101233, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
- Grange School, Lagos Website
- Phone number: +234 904 999 9950
- Grange School, Lagos Facebook Page
6. Temple Schools
Temple College Lagos is a co-educational institution that runs from preschool all the way through college. Staff, parents, and the community may see as kids grow and advance from the strong foundation as a preschool through secondary school. A continuous thorough evaluation system is in place at Temple School to pinpoint, track, and enhance student performance as well as curriculum and instruction. Every day, a developmentally appropriate program covers all fundamental topics. Instruction in reading/language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies is given by highly experienced teachers and is coordinated with England and Wales curriculum.
- Location: Temple Schools, Drive, 1 Temple Dr, Ilupeju, Lagos, Nigeria
- Temple Schools Website
- Phone number: +234 708 566 167
- Temple Schools Facebook Page
7. Lekki British School
In the Lekki Peninsula region of Lagos, South Western Nigeria, a 25-acre campus for Lekki British School was opened in September 2000. The first British boarding school in Lagos, Nigeria is Lekki British High School. It seeks to provide every child the opportunity to explore and develop their special skills in a traditional British setting that is structured and nurturing. Its goal is to create a setting where each person may be helped to realize his or her academic potential in study, sport, and personal growth. Lekki British High School offers a distinctive commitment to excellence that penetrates all elements of school life. This makes learning a comprehensive experience for students since they have access to assistance, counsel, and direction.
- Location: Lekki British School, Victoria Arobieke Street Eti-osa 3, Phase 1, 101233, Lagos, Lekki, Nigeria
- Lekki British School Website
- Phone number: +234 1 906 0000
- Lekki British School Facebook Page
8. Methodist Girls’ High School
In Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria, there is a secondary school for females called Methodist Females’ High School. It has ties to the Methodist Church and was founded in 1879. It is the third-oldest secondary school in Nigeria and the second-female secondary school.It is Methodist Boys High School’s sister institution.
- Location: Methodist Girls’ High School, Tabs, 320 Murtala Muhammed Way, Sabo yaba 100001, Lagos, Nigeria
- Methodist Girls’ High School Website
- Phone number: +234 706 969 2798
- Methodist Girls’ High School Facebook Page
9. Ronik Comprehensive School
In Nigeria, there is a school called Ronik Comprehensive School. It is a large comprehensive school with a very rich local history. The secondary school has typical boarding options. Their mission is to establish a God-based pace for outstanding education in Nigeria against the backdrop of godly ideals to shape children’s lives and prepare them for life. Character development is fostered in a classroom environment. Kids truly get to experience fun academic and extracurricular programs to select from to unleash their potential and raise the bar.
- Location: Ronik Comprehensive School, Plot 8, 8/14, 14 Iyabo Titilayo St, Off Ailegu, Lagos, Nigeria
- Ronik Comprehensive School Website
- Phone number: +234 805 530 1791
- Facebook Page: N/A
10. JEXTOBAN Secondary School
This school was founded on January 9th, 1995. In order for students at JEXTOBAN Secondary School to succeed in today’s global world, they work in helping each student’s whole personality develop through Christian virtues and principles. The result is pupils who have become leaders in their respective industries. The WASCE, NECO, BECE, CAMBRIDGE CHECKPOINT, IGCSE, O-LEVEL & A-LEVELS, SAT, and TOEFL are among the exams that our program prepares students for.
- Location: JEXTOBAN Secondary School, 1/3 Ibadan St, Alapere 100244, Lagos, Nigeria
- JEXTOBAN Secondary School Website
- Phone number: +234 816 587 6699
- JEXTOBAN Secondary School Instagram Page
Closing Thoughts on the Best Secondary Schools in Lagos
As you can see, there are multiple possibilities for your children to attend prestigious and accessible secondary schools in Lagos. You should be mindful of the specificities of each institution, as some are only for boys or girls, and some are boarding schools and some aren’t. Religion is also a big part of Lagos’ education system, so it’s important to choose based on your beliefs. Still, we assure you that all of them are excellent places for your children, hence, the best Secondary Schools in Lagos!
Frequently Asked Questions on the Best Secondary Schools in Lagos
What are the most exclusive secondary schools in Lagos?
Here’s a list of Lagos’s most exclusive schools based on tuition fees. It’s worth noting that we have selected the best ones not based on prices but on reputation and also accessibility:
- British International School
- Grange School
- Meadow Hall School
- American International School
- Day Waterman College
- Lekki British International School
How much are Lagos secondary school fees?
Day schools charge between NGN 500,000 and 600,000 (USD 1,085 – 1,305) in tuition, while boarding schools charge between NGN 800,000 and 900,000 (USD 1740 – 1955). Every kid of primary and secondary school age will get free, universal basic education under the Lagos Compulsory Free Universal Basic Education Law, 2005, which also mandates that parents and guardians make sure that children under their custody attend school. Most state-owned schools require their students to buy their books and uniforms.